Skip Permit Application – When do you need one?
You need to buy a permit to put a skip on a public road where parking restrictions apply.
- Double yellow lines
- Paid parking zones, e.g. pay-and-display
For any further information, please contact the Roadworks Control Unit on Tel. (01) 222 2246.
Skip Permit application form download
- You must submit this form every time you want a skip permit (there are no automatic renewals).
- Return the completed form to Environment & Transportation Department, Roadworks Control Unit, Block 2, Floor 6, Civic Offices, Wood Quay, Dublin 8
- Enclose the appropriate fee (see fees below) in cheque or money order, made payable to ‘Dublin City Council’. You can also pay using credit card or debit card.
- Do not send cash in the post
Skip permit fees
In a zone without paid-parking (but with parking restrictions, e.g. clearways):
- 5 metres of roadspace: €27.00 per 24 hours
For zones with paid-parking:
- Very high demand zone: €50 per 24 hours
- High demand zone: €41 per 24 hours
- Average demand zone: €27 per 24 hours
- Low demand zone: €19 per 24 hours